Monday, September 19, 2016

He is greater

            The day that I leave for YWAM is rapidly approaching (I can’t believe I leave in less than a week!!!) and as I look back at all that has happened leading up to my final week on the east coast I am amazed. I never thought that I would ever believe in God, let alone going on a mission trip to share Gods love to girls who have been forced into the sex industry. My God is truly amazing. He has transformed the rebellious child that I once was into a child of God. When I would share with others about what I am about to do so many people would tell me that they’re scared for me, or they don’t like that I am going to do because I'll be in danger and I never quite have the right answer for why I am not scared of going. But I do now. My God is greater. He is greater than any fears I might have. My God is greater because he transforms and changes lives. My God is greater because he loves the unlovable and forgives the unforgiveable and for me to stay home and not show his love to others is selfish. I cannot stay home and live in luxury while others are suffering and living in fear everyday.

            This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a conference called Collyde. I had little to no expectations for this conference. I figured it’d be just another cheesy “ You can do anything with Gods help” kind of conference. I was wrong. I was dead wrong. The Holy Spirit was so alive in that place, I learned so much that I don’t even know where to begin to talk about it. But one thing that struck me to the core was not anything the speakers said but something that struck me as we were singing. It’s that Jesus died on the cross for MY sins. You’ve heard it a million times but really, let that sink in. This guy, before I was even born, knew how messed up I am, He knew how many times I would, lie, cheat, ignore someone in need and sin in so many more ways yet He chose, HE CHOSE, to die on the cross for my sins. As he took his last breath on the cross he felt my pain, he felt the pain I would cause others and still chose to love me. Without God in my life I would be so selfish and probably just plain mean but Jesus Christ, Son of God, chose to be the middleman, to die for me so that I can enter into Gods kingdom and the wildest thing is after all that pain that Jesus endured, he still allows ME to chose if I want to be a part of Gods healing, love filled kingdom. It’s so crazy and so much bigger than I am that it can sometimes be hard to wrap my head around. In my next blog I will talk about how God has used my love for my nieces to help me better understand the love Christ has for me.

6 comments:

  1. You CAN Write! love this! you amaze me daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are an amazing writer and you are going to make an impact in so many lives because you are WILLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written Dani! Enjoy this journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale, you must be so proud. I know I would be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying Dani. May God use you in powerful ways.

    ReplyDelete